REPAIRS – Full Diagnostics and Fault Finding
We can carry out full diagnostic & fault finding service for all your rotating machines and carry out subsequent repairs both in situ and using all the facilities at our disposal.
Repairs carried out can include a simple wash and brush up to a complete rewind, full rotor or stator replacement & core repairs.
If equipment is overseas then we can source a suitable facility and oversee repairs are carried out in accordance with our high standards.
Electrical Rotating Machines
PPI Engineering offers site support, repairs and spare parts for your LV & HV rotating machines and associated equipment. Our service team can co-ordinate and provide the services you need to maintain your operations world-wide.
We also offer a full mechanical and electrical commissioning service for your new or re-conditioned rotating machinery including induction motors, generators and associated control equipment.
This can include:
• Mechanical installation
• Alignment checks
• Coupling up machinery
• Fixing machines down and dowelling in position
• Preparation of bearings
• Connection of all control & power cables
• Loop checks of all control & power cables
• Checks on diodes, RTD’s, CT’s, VT’s etc.
• Ductor test on bus-bar connections where bus-bar assembly is required
• Winding IR & PI check
• Electrical checks on auxiliary equipment such as heaters
• Check of AVR settings
• Testing of protection relays
• No load test run (with no excitation for generators)
• Load testing (for generators synchronisation of the machine then applying load to run as required).
2-Pole Generator Repair
PPI has expertise in the installation, commissioning and repair of high speed 2 pole generators, covering everything from basic mechanical installation and alignment to the full electrical connection through to start up.
Services also include full rotor and stator core pack replacement, rotor end-bell replacement, rotor rewind, stator rewind and stator re-wedging. Stator repairs can be carried out on site.
PPI is in the process of establishing its own service facility in Norfolk.
The facility is based in Norwich and has the capability to undertake major overhauls and repairs of rotating electrical machines and associated equipment.
We can offer Electrical and mechanical repairs to HV Motors and Generators with ratings up to 100MW.
– Stator and Rotor Rewinds of all manufacturer’s equipment.
– Rotor Endbell replacement and rotor rewind on 2 pole turbo-generators.
– Full machining and fabrication facility including: Shaft manufacture, stress relieving and replacement core Plates and core packaging
– Rotor Balancing up to 13.5 tons
– Electrical and Mechanical
– Design studies, fault diagnosis and upgrades of existing equipment
– Obsolescence reviews and replacement
– Coil, winding, core and rotor testing including: Full flux and el cid testing, tan delta and DLA, TVA probe detection and impulse testing
load, vibration and noise testing (50Hz and 60Hz supplies)
– Supply of spare parts.
In addition we have access to a high voltage, high current laboratory within our sister company, API Capacitors’, premises in Great Yarmouth, Norfolk.
The facility has the following capabilities:
Pulse testing: 25kV max 200k A max
DC Testing: 200kV, 2A max
AC Testing: 100kV max 200A max
Partial Discharge: 100kV max to 100pC
Max Test Power: 100kW
This facility can also carry out environmental testing on sample parts including endurance, high and low ambient, high humidity and vacuum testing.