Generator & Motor Commissioning Engineer:
Commissioning Engineer experienced in the commissioning, servicing and on-going support of large high voltage generators, motors and associated equipment. This is a challenging role in which the candidate should demonstrate the ability to work on their own initiative for extended periods, supervise others and liaise with customers at a senior level. They should be able to deliver technical solutions to capital projects in support of our customers’ requirements. Successful candidates would be expected to work globally and offshore.
Candidates should hold HNC/HND or Degree in Power Engineering. The prospective candidate should have the following skill levels:
• Familiarity of rotating plant in the range of 5 to 100MW, Power transformers up to 30 MW. Induction and synchronous motors up to 20MW. Ex OEM trained an advantage
• Working knowledge of digital/analogue AVR and PID control systems
• Understanding of logic control systems (PLC familiarity an advantage)
• Key skills in cable and wiring systems HV and LV
• HV trained up to 13.8 KV
• Capability in commissioning of HV circuit breakers
• Understanding and commissioning ability of Generator protection systems and relays
• Circuit and system design knowledge an advantage
• Knowledge of prime mover plant – diesel, gas turbine and Hydro would be advantageous.
• Knowledge of journal and rotating element bearing systems and ability to mechanically inspect and service.
• Experience of vibration analysis and balancing of rotating equipment
• IT skills including Microsoft word, excel essential. Use of auto-cad would be beneficial.